Friday, November 25, 2011

Nick Edwards

Nick Edwards
deviantart: www.mrdynamite.deviantart.com/
blogspot: www.nick-edwards.blogspot.com/
all images copyright Nick Edwards

10 Questions With Nick Edwards
1.... who is your favorite artist?

It is really hard to pick just one. I'll go with George Herriman (link), creator of Krazy Kat. It is the one comic I can pick up at any time and read and enjoy. It sounds pretentious, but each sunday strip is like poetry and the fact that he'd produce these every week (along with a daily strips) blows my mind completely.


2.... do you offer workshops for artists?

Nope! I do put up tutorials every now and then, which reminds me I need to do one about the scanning and photoshop part of my process.

3.... what do you like to listen to while you work?

Podcasts! Sometimes I'll listen to an album, but they generally aren't long enough. Podcasts I really dig include: Doug Loves Movies, Nerdist, Indoor Kids, Comedy Bang Bang, Smartest Man In The World, Judge John Hodgman and The Todd Glass Show which can be reeeaaally long and useful for long drawing sessions.

If I'm working in the same room as my buddy Jordan Pryke ( http://jordanpryke.tumblr.com/ ) we tend to listen to music. The albums we have on current rotation are: Bon Iver - (Self-titled), Mastodon (any album), Melvins - Bullhead, Big Business - Here Come The Water Works, Arcade Fire (any album), Sleep - Holy Mountain and, of course, ABC - The Lexicon of Love.
4.... what medium and tools do you use to create your art?

The Hunt 102 nib and india ink on bristol board, usually. I also work a lot in my sketchbooks with a mechanical pencil. Colour on photoshop.
5.... during an average week how many hours a day / week do you work on creating art?

I've been a bit erratic recently. I can work fairly ridiculous hours some days and then do just three or four on an off day. There isn't really a day where I don't draw though.
6.... are you working your dream job?

If I'm drawing I'm happy, especially if I'm drawing whatever I want. Should you be able to work your dream job? It wouldn't be a dream then, but I would like to work for Pixar or create a cartoon show.
7.... do you feel it's important for others to pursue their dream jobs?

Sure, why not.


8.... where can people see your work (online, conventions or exhibits)?

http://nick-edwards.blogspot.com

9.... was there a certain moment that you knew you wanted to be an artist?

Never a specific moment, just always drew and always loved it.

10.... is there anything else you would like to add or say to other artists?

Buy my comic Dinopopolous! http://www.blankslatebooks.co.uk/chalk-marks/dinopopolous/ Shameless plug!
Nick Edwards
deviantart: www.mrdynamite.deviantart.com/
blogspot: www.nick-edwards.blogspot.com/
all images copyright Nick Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment