Thursday, October 18, 2012

Francisco Ruiz


Francisco Ruiz
blog: www.fruiz-fruiz.blogspot.com/
images copyright Francisco Ruiz.

10 Questions With Francisco Ruiz


 1.... who is your favorite artist?

Dont really know, I like a bunch of them, the classics : Like Francisco Goya (link), Diego de Velasquez (link), Degas (link) and Monet (link) among others, In comic books I like Moebius (link), Juan jimenez (link),Oscar Chichoni (link), Otomo (link), Mike mignola (link) .and younger artist I like Ashley wood (link), Sean Murphy (link)...
in animation I love all the studio 4C (link) stuff and Miyazaki (link).  I think Im kind of promiscuous in my Artist preferences.


2.... do you offer workshops for artists?

I don't offer workshop for artist, but just because no one has asked me to. I've been thinking lately to maybe do a "Design for Production workshop" at some point. Hey, but I'm open to invitations to do shops.


3.... what do you like to listen to while you work?

well, I listen a little bit of everything, IT depends on the mood of the day. sometimes but mostly is Sound tracks, rock and when work becomes tedious i listen a lot of audio books.


4.... what medium and tools do you use to create your art?

mostly is pencils, inks and photoshop.  I've been lately I've been practicing traditional painting as a start base and then tweaks in photoshop.

5.... during an average week how many hours a day / week do you work on creating art?

I work full time doing development for studios, so I do and average of 8 hours days and then at home at least 3 days at week I do another 3 to 4 hours of personal work or I just fool around with materials.


6.... are you working your dream job?

That's a tricky question, I think I'm at the margins of my dream job, but always happens to me that there's always something else, I think the perfect dream job is unreachable, but I'm more or less happy with What I do.


7.... do you feel its important for others to pursue their dream jobs?
I know sometimes is hard but yes, you have to have the balls to follow your dream, we only live once.

8.... where can people see your work (online, conventions or exhibits)?

well, I work mostly designing for movies or video games or animation, so they kind see indirectly some of my stuff there, but the best spot is my blog    http://fruiz-fruiz.blogspot.com/

 9.... was there a certain moment that you knew you wanted to be an artist?

yeah,  when I graduate from business school and all the jobs available really sucked.


10.... is there anything else you would like to add or say to other artists?

Work on your skills, listen to your heart and go there. A lot of people along the way will say you can't reach your goals but if you believe you can do it go for it.  fuck everyone!

 
Francisco Ruiz
blog: www.fruiz-fruiz.blogspot.com/
images copyright Francisco Ruiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment